Underage (Under 21) DUI Laws in NH

Under 21 and Arrested for DUI in NH?

If you are under age 21 and are convicted of Driving While Intoxicated you will receive the following sentence:

Conviction for a Class B misdemeanor. This means that you have a criminal conviction on your record.  However, the Court may reduce this conviction to a non-criminal violation.  In deciding whether to reduce the conviction to a misdemeanor, the court can consider your subsequent driving record, evidence of drug/alcohol treatment, hardship of having a criminal record and any other evidence the court deems relevant.

$500 fine plus court imposed penalty assessment;

You will be required to schedule a substance use disorder evaluation within 30 days of conviction and complete the substance use disorder evaluation within 60 days. You shall comply with the service plan developed by the Impaired Driver Care Management Program. You will need to complete an approved impaired driver education program.

Your license will be suspended by the court for not less than 12 months and up to 2 years.


We’re not sure why anyone would simply walk into court and plead guilty to a DWI offense.  You need experienced attorneys to scrutinize the police reports and deal with the prosecutors. As outlined above, the consequences of a DWI conviction are severe and long lasting.  After pleading guilty, or being convicted, you will now have a criminal record, a hefty fine to pay before leaving the courthouse, reinstatement fees to pay at the DMV when you eventually go to get your license back, loads of counseling to complete prior to getting your license back and a “major” motor vehicle offense lodged on your motor vehicle record that counts towards certification as a Habitual Offender. You will also be required to obtain costly auto insurance. Why would you simply sign up for this without a fight?

If doesn’t cost you anything to simply pick up the phone and talk to us about your case. Were always happy to take your call and review your options. 

Our telephone number is: 603-595-5525

  • Nashua
  • Manchester
  • Concord
  • Bedford
  • Merrimack
  • Salem
  • Derry
  • Londonderry
  • Belknap County
  • Carroll County
  • Cheshire County
  • Coos County
  • Grafton County
  • Hillsborough County
  • Merrimack County
  • Rockingham County
  • Strafford County
  • Sullivan County